Learn fresh ways to prepare your favorite ingredients ... and maybe even discover some new ones! Our friendly chefs add new recipes every week so there's always something to discover.
4 fresh California King Salmon
steaks ( approx.six-oz. each)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp lime zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Black Bean Salsa:
- 3 to 4 ears of fresh corn
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 serano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Citrus Marinade
- Rinse salmon steaks and pat dry. Prepare the Citrus Marinade. Remove 1/3 cup of the marinade and
reserve to add to the Roasted Corn-Black Bean Salsa. Pour the remainder of the marinade over the salmon
in plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator while making the salsa. Place the salmon on an oiled grill 4
inches from medium-hot coals. Grill about 5 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade from time to
time. (Discard this leftover marinade.) Salmon is done when the meat flakes easily and is evenly colored.
Serve with Roasted Corn-Black Bean Salsa. Makes 4 servings.
- In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, lime juice, oil, garlic, chile, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Roast the ears of corn on the barbecue until cooked and golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Cool. Slice kernels off the cob and place in medium bowl. Mix in the black beans, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, serrano chilies, salt, chili powder, pepper and citrus marinade. Stir gently.